07 June 2011

This Is It

(A Wife's Entry 1)
The aisle was filled with petals of flowers scattered by little angels dressed in white. The pianist has played a melodious Canon in D while all eyes were on me. I could barely move my feet and my smiles were glued from ear to ear as I tried to move closer to him. He was waiting, waiting to become my husband.



 Each step I made towards him reminded me of how our relationship grew over the years. I remember how we met. I was a fresh graduate – a neophyte in applying jobs. It was my confidence that caught his attention. At that time he was recovering from his “near-yet-failed happily ever story.” He was snob and so was I. Every time we met seemed to have a collision of two strong positive and negative charged elements. But later on we proved that the Chemistry’s principle that “no two same charge elements attract each other” was wrong, cause we just did.

As I continued walking, I saw the guest clapping and cheering and that has somewhat brought me back to the memories of our sweet nothings. I have 3 failed relationships but it was him who changed my view about love. It is he who showed me that a woman is loved; that man should pamper her heart with care. It is he who showed me that a woman is precious; that man should exert more effort by giving her more time and attention. It is he who showed me that a woman is respected; that a man’s genuine intention is measured if he visits the woman in the house instead of clandestine meet-ups.

As I was drawing nearer to my groom, my tear began to burst as I had some flashback of the heartbreaking days of our lives. I moved to Thailand and that’s the most painstaking decision I’ve ever made. I was forced to leave the people I love just to earn more so I could bring my siblings to college. It took us almost four years to wait until all responsibilities were done and before we came up with the decision of tying the knot.
 
I took a deep breath, one more step and I was in front of him. As I looked back, I saw how long the aisle I walked was, just like our relationship that took years to nurture. That glimpse has strengthened my love to him. He held my hand, our eyes met and with conviction, we nod “This is it. This is really is it.” :)

No comments:

Post a Comment